SsangYong Australia introduces styling upgrades to the 2021 Musso 4×4 dual cab Ute with a new front end design, new wheels and rear LED lighting.
Lee Kang, head of the SsangYong Design Centre, said, “The new Musso embodies strength and toughness. New 17-inch and 18-inch alloy wheel designs with dark treatment to the door handles, mirrors and beltlines further enhance Musso’s rugged, commanding presence.”
There is also a choice of six body colours: Grand White, Silky White Pearl, Marble Grey, Space Black, Atlantic Blue, and Indian Red. Interior upholstery is available in premium woven fabric, Leather-look TPU or Premium Nappa leather in the new range-topping option.
Markedly different from its competitors, the Musso allows users to choose between two load bed lengths and capacities, depending on their use and needs. The Musso offers a load area of 1,011 litres and Musso XLV with its extra 300mm of bed length, provides a load volume of 1,262 litres, almost 25% more than shorter wheelbase Musso.
The powertrain continues with the sturdy 2.2L turbo diesel engine and 6-speed manual or the well-proven AISIN 6-speed automatic transmission.
Along with SsangYong’s decent list of standard inclusions, the new Musso range continues to offer advanced safety features such as AEB (Autonomous Emergency Braking), FVSW (Front Vehicle Start Warning), FCW (Forward Collision Warning), LDW (Lane Departure Warning) and SHB (Smart High Beam).
“Musso’s strength and toughness start with its high-grade steel construction that includes an ultra-high-strength Quad-frame. The rigid body-on-frame design with eight large mounting points contributes to Musso’s low levels of road noise, and quality driving refinement, somewhat unique in the segment.” Mr Lang added.
According to Mr Lang, the range-topping Ultimate model has been extremely popular, however, thanks to some dealer and customer feedback, the 2021 Musso Ultimate now has a new option, the Luxury Pack. This optional pack offers a number of premium features over and above the Ultimate model, the details of which are listed below.
The new 2021 Musso range will be on-sale from July.
ELX – Highlights
- 2.2 litre Turbo Diesel engine
- 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission
- Part-time 4×4 with 4H / 4L range and automatic-locking rear differential
- 3.5 Tonne braked towing capacity
- 18-inch silver alloy wheels (17-inch for XLV)
- Multi-link, coil spring rear suspension with 790kg payload
- XLV M/T & A/T: Leaf spring rear suspension with 1025kg payload
- Cruise control
- AEB with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Front fog lights
- 8-inch touchscreen audio
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Reverse camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Leather steering wheel
- 7-inch instrument cluster
Ultimate – Highlights
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- 18-inch black alloy wheels
- Multi-link, coil spring rear suspension with 790kg payload (880kg payload for XLV)
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Warning (RCTW)
- Lane Change Collision Warning (LCW)
- 360° camera
- HID Headlights
- Speed Sensitive Power Steering (SSPS)
- TPU Leather-look seats
- Heated and vented front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Walk-away auto-door locking
Ultimate with Luxury Pack
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Power sunroof
- Premium Nappa leather upholstery
- Powered front seats
- Powered drivers lumbar support
- Heated rear seats
Recommended Dealer Pricing (RDP):
|Model||RDP||XLV pack||Luxury Pack||Metallic Paint|
|Musso EXL manual||$34,990||$1,500||N/A||$495|
|Musso ELX Auto||$36,990||$1,500||N/A||$495|
More vehicle news: Toyota reveals the new Land Cruiser 300 Series to the world